Sunday, August 05, 2012

Hello God - I'm on Vacation Out Here

Every parent knows the simple pleasure of a phone call from their children.
When I lived out of state for awhile, I would call my dad from our various vacation destinations. He enjoyed "being there" with us and always encouraged me to call again on the next trip. He said it made him feel the fun of the vacation experience to get a first hand phone call while we were experiencing it ourselves.
This past week we got some texts and calls from our adult daughter while she was out west with her husband on vacation.  We talk to her all the time when she's home, here in our area. So I was a little surprised at how much I enjoyed getting some of the first hand insight during their trip. It literally made me smile and I felt a little of the vacation breeze even though I was still at work myself.
My dad wasn't making it up all those years.  There's some special connection with your kids that makes even a vacation phone call come alive. Its the darndest thing !
God has over 6 billion kids out there.  Working, suffering, recovering, vacationing, thriving, dying.
Every call out to him is appreciated.
Tell him where you are right now, if you plan to stay away longer, when you're coming home.
Let him know if you need anything. Make plans to get together and catch up again soon.
He is our Heavenly Father.  You matter to Him.  He likes it when you call, no matter where you are.

What do you believe?



No comments: