Friday, April 14, 2006

How do Christians "accept Jesus?"

There are a million ways to say this, and this is just one of many.
Try sharing it with someone, in 60 seconds or less.

(Just remember, PPRR. Plan, Problem, Remedy, Receive):

“God has a Plan for your life and He loves you unconditionally—without conditions. He offers you a relationship of peace, even in restless times, and an abundantly blessed life, now and for eternity. (See Romans 5:1)

But we humans have a Problem with that plan because of sin, as Adam introduced it to the world, and as we ourselves continue with it. Sin is anything we do that is unacceptable or displeasing to God, despite his great love for us. We all sin, in spite of our desire to do better. We are unable to eliminate or rise above sin on our own, thus we risk eternal separation from the benefits of a relationship with God. (See Romans 3:23)

Fortunately, God sent Jesus to demonstrate his perfect love and to take on himself all our sins. Jesus died on the cross in our place - a substitute for our sins - a redeemer and a Remedy for our problem. (See Romans 6:23)

All that's left to do is to accept and Receive Jesus in his rightful role - the Son of God who died and rose again for our sins. Turning from sin, believing in Jesus as the way, the truth and the life seals our eternal relationship with God. (See Romans 10:9)

"Lord God, I acknowledge that I do things to displease you--that I am a sinner, but I want to turn away from this way of life to follow you. I now welcome Jesus into my life, realizing that he is the Savior of the world, having died on the cross for my sins. Please bless and guide me now and for eternity, in Jesus' name I pray, Amen!

That’s the Good News!”

What do you believe?

No comments: