Saturday, October 16, 2010

Lord, Make Us One

Almost 30 years ago I wrote a song for my soon-to-be-bride and then sang it as she walked down the aisle.
This Fall, the vocalist at our church will sing it before my daughter's wedding.

I still call my wife Bride, and she still calls me Groom.
The love of Jesus still makes the two of us One.

Lord, Make Us One (lyrics)

We have waited all our lives
For this person, who would realize
All of the joy we’ve held inside

And we walked down many roads alone
Until this gift of love was shown
Now we’ll walk into the life He’s made

He has made this day with all its blessings
Brought an end to second guessing
Now we’ll seal His bond with golden bands

Its golden bands and holding hands
With this person who is your best friend
Moments only we will understand

Understand all the gifts we have and
The richness which will always last
Understand what I feel when I see you

I see you in me and me in you
Promises forever true
Made before the Lord because we know:

With Him we are three as one
By Him will our work be done
For Him have our lives together come

Lord, make us one… together,
You and I... forever
You and I, no one can sever now…

What the Lord has smiled upon today,
You and I are on our way
You and I at last begin today...we’re on our way.

 Copyright 1981

What do you believe?

No comments: