Saturday, October 25, 2008

Beatles Announce: No more touring !

After the 1966 Candlestick Park concert in San Francisco, the Beatles never toured again.
They said they could be a lot more productive in the studio without the distractions and limitations of traveling.  They couldn't record if they were sitting in limo's and airplanes.
The message to fans like me was that we'd actually get a lot more from them this way. They had to "go away" so that we could get a different part of them back in greater measure. I still held hope that they would return for another big event, but it wasn't to be. In that glorious short time between 1963 and 1966, they had transformed my world of music.
Still, even without their living presence, my daughter, born 20 years later, became an avid fan and follower. To this day she can sing from memory any number of Beatle lyrics -- like millions and millions of others...
Jesus said to his disciples,
"I tell you the truth, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you." John 16:7
"The Counselor, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you." John 16:26
In three short years, Jesus transformed the world's understanding of our relationship with God. His friends and followers desperately wanted him to stay. But he knew that in leaving, even more could be accomplished by the Holy Spirit of God. Even without Jesus' physical presence, and having been born almost 2,000 years later...I know all his words...and I'm looking forward to his return event...the one that he himself has promised.

What do you believe?

No comments: